The error code 0x83c0000a might appear on the printer, and you cannot use the machine. As an affordable printer, you have to prepare recovery methods to fix this. It is not dangerous, yet you have to follow the steps to fix it. Here are some methods that you can do on the printer.
Power Cycle Method
This is the easiest method that you can do to fix this error. The step is simple because it is similar to restarting the machine easily. This process only takes less than thirty minutes to complete. The steps are below to follow:
- Turn off the printer. You have to ensure that this process is completed before you are going to the next step.
- Remove carefully the power cord from the socket.
- Any connection between the printer and PC should be unplugged.
- Wait for the process from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. It gives the machine a rest before you check it again in ON condition.
- Plug the cord into the socket, so the printer can be ON.
- Press the power button to start.
- Wait until the HP printer system is ready to start.
- Check if the error code 0x83c0000a still appears on the screen.
This method is very reliable to fix this error code. Usually, this method only works when the HP printer is too long to use. The machine needs some rest for a while before it is working to print again. If this method is not working, you can try other methods.
The error issue can be from out-of-date drivers of your printer. So, you have to update the HP printer so it can work again as usual. Check the version of the printer driver. If it is not the latest version, the root of the problem is outdated drivers. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Windows logo on the keyboard and open the start menu.
- Go to the device manager. If it is not seen, you can type in the search bar.
- Search HP printer on the driver name list. After that, right-click on it.
- Choose update driver software on the options list.
- Select the first option.
- The system is downloading and waiting.
- Once the process is done, you can check the error code. Usually, it disappears.
Changing The Setting
One of the causes of this 0x83c0000a error is improper setting on the HP printer. So, you have to check whether the setting is already correct. This step is instant and you don’t need a professional technician to do this. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Device Manager on the Windows menu.
- Choose the HP printer and right-click.
- Select properties from the option.
- Some settings might be unnecessary, so you can click into the default setting.
- Click the apply button to apply the change.
- Check again the error code on the screen.
Uninstall and Reinstall Method
Another method that you can try is to uninstall the driver and then reinstall. This performance usually works if other steps don’t work for the printer. Follow the guides below to have a proper fix:
- Go to the Device Manager on the window.
- Choose the HP printer on the driver name.
- Select uninstall after you right-click from the list of options.
- Download the latest version of the HP printer driver on the HP official website.
- Wait until the installation process finishes.
- The last step is checking whether the error code is still there or not.
The Signs of Error Code
1. Blue screen
The blue screen is the major sign that indicates this error occurs on the printer. The PC only shows a blue screen even without the error code appearing on the screen. You have to disconnect the PC and the printer. However, this blue screen sign is not that dangerous.
2. Stops working
The printer is ON and it is printing, but there is no print result. It means that this error code 0x83c0000a occurs on your printer. Even though it can be another error, you can check other signs as well. Most probably, it is this error if your printer is HP.
3. Warning signal
You might see a warning signal on the printer. The lights on the printer are blinking which means that the printer will stop working because of the error. It is possible that this error occurs once you find out this sign on the printer.
4. Dialog box
If you see a dialogue box on the PC that says that error code 0x83c0000a occurs, it means that this error should be dismissed. Once you fix it with the correct method, the PC will not display this dialogue box anymore. The printer will work as usual.
The Causes of Error Code 0x83c0000a
1. Connection problem
This issue is the main problem that you need to check the connection between your PC and the HP printer. However, connection issues barely appear when you try to print from the gadget. Make sure the Wi-Fi and other connectors are working well.
2. Incorrect setting
Some incorrect settings also trigger the way the printer works. This is normal and you will see the error code 0x83c0000a on the screen until you fix the setting. Follow the HP printer manual to find the solution. A proper setting will help you to get the printer working well again.
3. Internal parts problem
Internal parts problems also occur on the HP printers and suddenly, these error codes appear on the screen. If this happens, you have to check the part of the printer which triggers this code. It can be anything, but mostly it’s all about improper settings.
4. Windows file issue
This error code also appears when the window file is not compatible with the HP printer you use. It is a problem which means you have to change the Windows system. Or else, you will not be able to use the printer. This error code will appear again and again because of this.
The issue should not be bothersome for you because the steps above will help you to dismiss the code 0x83c0000a on your printer. This error is only temporary troubleshooting. If you are afraid to fix it by yourself, ask a professional technician to fix this error for your HP printer.
Morgan Azhari, the owner of PrinterUpdate.net, is a dedicated expert in the field of printers, leveraging a wealth of experience and education to create a platform that passionately shares insights and solutions.
With a goal to enhance the printer user experience, my vision for the website is to provide valuable content, making a positive impact on individuals navigating the complexities of printers.