Printers have some technical issues and one of them is offline printers. When the printer is offline, the user cannot print anything and you have to make it online again. This issue is common, yet you have to know how to get Canon printer online. Check how to fix it here.
Restart The Spooler
The first method you can try is to restart the spooler on the printer. This is the common and easy method, yet you have to follow step by step below:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R until the screen shows a dialog box.
- Open the run box that appears on the screen and enter services.msc on the box.
- The screen will show you the list of services, then press P.
- The printer spooler will be available on the selection.
- Do right-click on the mouse and select properties.
- Select a stop and click OK to apply the changes on the computer.
- Open the Explorer and select C drive > Windows > System 32 > Spool > Printer.
- Allow permission and continue.
- Start the spooler and your computer will automatically restart again.
- Your canon printer will be online again.
Disconnect and Reconnect
Sometimes, the problem also comes from the Wi-Fi connection. The Canon printer is connected to the Wi-Fi, yet it is not working. Here are the steps to fix it quickly:
- Disconnect the printer from the router if you connect it wirelessly. If you use USB, then disconnect it.
- Reconnect the printer again wirelessly or using USB. If you use the wireless, open the Wi-Fi setting and open the Wizard Setup on the screen.
- The Wi-Fi button on the printer will blink after you press it. Wait until it stops blinking.
- Start to press the WPS button on the printer.
- How to get Canon printer online will finish and the connection is working again.
Update The Driver
This issue may come from the outdated driver. You have no choice but to update the drives as to how to get Canon printer online. You must uninstall the outdated one and re-install the new one. If you have the updated driver, you can skip this method and try the others. The steps are:
- Open the Canon website and download the driver.
- Open the Device Manager on your computer and then select Print Queues.
- Do right-click on the Printer Hardware.
- Select Update Driver.
- The system will re-install the new driver and wait until the process finishes.
- After that, the error will solve and your Canon printer is online again.
How to Get Canon Printer Online by Disabling
This method is efficient and fast because you don’t need any installation to make it work online again. Disabling method is also fast mode and you don’t need an internet connection.
- Choose the Start on your screen and go to Control Panel selection.
- Select Hardware and sound, and then select Devices and Printers.
- From the list of printers, click Canon printer and choose “see what is printing”.
- Click printer on the list of selections.
- You may see the status of the printer where it is in offline condition.
- Remove the tick that says the printer is offline.
- Select “cancel all documents”
- Reconnect the printer again and the printer will be online.
There are many issues and reasons why your Canon printer is offline. So, you have to check the printer condition first and choose the compatible method of how to get Canon printer online. Those guides above will help to get your Canon printer online again and smooth to use again.