Many people today have a laser printer at their home. This is a unique printer that is using a laser to print images and text to paper. This kind of printer is no longer using traditional ink. Then what are the laser printer ink cartridges?
What Are The Laser Printer Ink Cartridges?
A laser printer is using non-impact photocopier technology. This technology doesn’t require the keys to strike the paper you use to print the document. This kind of printer increases the neatness and sophistication of various printing projects by using at least 600 dots per inch resolutions or higher.
The very first laser printer was a product of IBM. It was introduced in 1975 for the mainframe computers of the company. And then HP revolutionized the technology of laser printing in 1984 when the first LaserJet printer was released. Do laser printers use ink to print?
One unique thing you need to know about laser printers is a laser printer doesn’t use ink. Laser printers are using toners to print images and text. To understand how laser printers work, you need to know about the toners they use.
What Are Toners in Laser Printers?
Laser printer toners are powders the printer uses to print text and images on paper. The laser printer’s fuser is producing heat that will melt the toner powder so that the printing process can start. This makes the toners bond to the paper.
Toner powders usually are mixtures of carbon and iron oxide. However, to improve the quality of the printout, manufacturers of toner powders mix the carbon with a polymer. Some manufacturers are using the polymers below to create better mixtures for the toner powders:
- Styrene butadiene copolymer.
- Polyester resin.
- Styrene acrylate copolymer.
The suppliers of laser printer toners are using different types of polymers during the manufacturing process. Many people believe that laser printers and their toners are the best solution and are much better than ink cartridges. Toners in laser printers indeed have amazing advantages.
However, you need to research not only the advantages of laser printers and their toners and also their disadvantages. This way, you can compare laser printer ink cartridges and toner cartridges to choose the best printer product for your home office.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Toner
Toner cartridges inside laser printers have some advantages. Unfortunately, they also have some disadvantages. You need to know all advantages and disadvantages of toners before choosing a laser printer for your home office. This is going to help you see whether it is the best choice or not.
Advantages of laser printer toners
Fortunately, laser printer toners have more advantages than disadvantages. Below are the five things that make laser printers much better than inkjet printers, thanks to toner cartridges. These advantages are the reasons why you need to consider a laser printer.
- Toners allow the laser printer to print images and text at faster speeds. However, the speed of the laser printer depends on the model of printer you own.
- Laser printer’s toners can print many more pages per minute. If you are looking for a printer that can print many documents every day, this laser printer is the best option.
- Toner cartridges are going to last for a long time. These products will reduce the maintenance and replacement services, unlike inkjet printers.
- Toners are producing sharper and very accurate images since they are using laser technology. This technology is providing a clearer and more defined print quality.
- Toners are ideal for those who need a printer to print pictures and graphics.
By using a laser printer, you will reduce the problems with your printer as long as your printer gets regular maintenance. However, before purchasing a laser printer because you love the advantages above, check out the disadvantages of toners in the laser printer.
Disadvantages of toner in laser printers
Laser printer toners also have some disadvantages. Everyone who wants to get a laser printer for their home office needs to learn the disadvantages of laser printers. Information about the disadvantages of laser printers will help you figure out their differences from inkjet printers.
- Toners can be expensive, especially if you need to refill them oftentimes. But you can save your money by purchasing toners from reputable suppliers.
- You can only use toners in laser printers that are more expensive and bigger than inkjet printers. You can use toners in inkjet printers.
Toners are powder while ink cartridges are liquid. They are different since you cannot use toners in inkjet printers or ink cartridges in laser printers. Toners are from organic compounds and polymers while the ink is from chemical concoctions, water, and colorant.
Laser printer ink cartridges don’t exist. Laser printers don’t use ink cartridges to print. They are using toner cartridges, unlike inkjet printers. There are differences between ink cartridges and toners. Make sure that you learn about toner cartridges and laser printers before purchasing a printer for your home.