HP printers are well-known for their flexibility and fast printing speeds. However, there are times when you may have printing issues, such as an HP printer not printing color accurately or a slow printing process.
So if you want to know how to fix slow printing HP printer, you’ve landed on the right site. Here, some are easy ways solve the problems regarding slow printing HP printer are presented.
How to Fix Slow Printing HP Printer for Windows Users
The troubleshooting procedure for Windows and Mac computers is almost similar. To enhance printing speeds, check your computer’s HP printer hardware and software. Check the printer after each job to verify if the problem has been fixed.
Reset the Printer
To recover from printer faults or failures, reset the printer.
- Remove any rechargeable batteries from your printer.
- Disconnect the printer’s power cable while it is turned on.
- Unplug the power cord carefully
- Wait 60 seconds before proceeding.
- Connect again the power cord of the printer to a wall socket as HP suggest.
- Turn the printer on and the reset is done.
Turn Off Quiet Mode (Windows)
Quiet Mode decreases printing noise but can potentially affect print speed. Not all printers support Quiet Mode.
- Open the HP Smart app, choose your printer.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click Quiet Mode under Preferences on the Settings tab. s
- Select Off, and then click Apply.
When asked for a PIN or password, enter the password previously specified by the printer administrator or the PIN on your printer’s label. The label may be found on the back of the printer, or you can open the cartridge access door and peek inside the machine.
Meanwhile, to launch HP Printer Assistant, search Windows for your printer and then choose your printer from the results. Select Off on the Quiet Mode option, then click Save Setting.
Reduce Print Quality to Improve Print Speed
- Search for printers in Windows, and then select Printers & Scanners from the list of results.
- Then, choose your printer and go to Manage > Printing options.
- Select Plain Paper in the Type or Paper type section after clicking the Paper or Paper/Quality button.
- Change the print quality. Make sure Draft or Normal is chosen in the Print Quality section for HP inkjet and LaserJet printers. Pick the Graphics tab, then click Standard in the Quality area for HP Laser printers.
- To confirm the changes, click OK or Apply.
Print With Both Cartridges (Inkjet Printers)
Printing with only one cartridge may lower print speed if your printer supports it.
- Open the cartridge access door and double-check that all cartridges fare correctly placed.
- Ink levels should be checked, and any empty cartridges should be replaced.
Use HP Smart
On a Windows computer, uninstall the HP print driver and then install and utilize HP Smart.
- Unplug any USB wires from the printer.
- Search for and open Add or uninstall apps in Windows.
- Look for the name of your HP printer in the list of programs.
- If you find your printer, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- If you can’t find your printer, look for and open Printers & scanners, then select your printer and click Remove device.
- Click Yes if a User Account Control notification appears.
- Complete the program uninstallation by following the instructions and restarting the computer.
- Download and install HP Smart.
How to Deal with Slow Printing HP Printer for Mac Users
Reset The Printer
To get rid of slow printing and printer failure, reset the printer.
- Remove any batteries that are being charged from your printer.
- Turn off the printer
- Don’t forget to remove the power cord cautiously.
- Please wait for one minute
- Connect the printer’s power cord again to a wall socket.
- Then, turn on the printer
Turn Off Quiet Mode Using HP Smart App
- Open the app
- Find Printer Home Page (EWS) on your printer and click it.
- Go to the Settings tab and find Quiet Mode under Preferences (scroll down to locate it).
- Click Off, and finally click Apply.
You need to enter your PIN or password. Find the password from the label on your printer and enter the password as prompted. The PIN or password can usually be found on label on the back of the printer. Sometimes, you may need to look inside the printer by first or opening the cartridge access door Turning off quite mode can also be done using HP Utility.
Adjust Print Quality to Improve Print Speed
On your Mac device, open the document or photos you are going to print, and after that click File > Print. Make sure you select the HP printer and click Show Details. Select Paper Type/Quality or Media & Quality in the drop-down menu. Finally select Normal or Draft from the Print Quality menu.
Install HP Smart
Check out these steps to uninstall the existing HP print driver. After it is completely install you can install and use HP Smart on your Mac device
- Click Uninstall HP Software from the menu.
- Follow the steps to uninstall completely.
- Download HP Easy Start.
- Install it on your device.
Reasons why Your HP Printer Prints Slowly
Problems with the Drivers
The HP Printer drivers might be missing, out of date, or corrupt. An outdated driver can sometimes be the source of slow printing. The printer’s software will not function correctly since it lacks updated drivers to work with.
Make use of a shared network. When the printer is linked to a public network. When someone prints, the file is transferred to the server over WAN and returned. When users from various offices print at the same time, it might generate a significant increase in network traffic. As a result, all workplaces experience slow printing.
This is due to the fact that firms with several offices may have a central print server to which all printers in all offices network. This is a type of cost-cutting measure that results in inefficient network printing tasks.
Overloaded Printer Server
The server is made up of printer networks; it is a single point that handles all print requests. All printers in a network transmit print jobs to the server, which may result in a bottleneck situation.
Furthermore, any inefficiency in the process has an impact on the entire network. As the server sorts out that one inefficiency, the print requests might pile up. It may cause other problems, slowing down printing even more.
Another factor that contributes to sluggish printing is faulty connections or a faulty USB cord. If you use a network printer, you may experience sluggish printing due to a bad network connection.
Some printers feature options for flipping a page to horizontal orientation, reversing the order of pages in a multipage document, applying edge smoothing, or collating several pages. These characteristics need additional work by the printer before printing can begin.
Most printers provide three levels of quality: high, ordinary, and draft. When printing for internal use, draft quality is the quickest mode to utilize, however the quality isn’t as excellent as the other options.
Your printing preferences are sometimes set to the highest quality (maximum DPI). Prints with high-resolution photos include a large amount of data that the computer and printer must analyze. It might be the cause of your printer’s slowness.
If the photos aren’t that significant, you may reduce the resolution so your laptop and printer don’t have to process as much data. To speed things up a little, you may instead pick draft, standard, or regular mode in the options. If you want gallery-quality prints, return to high-quality mode.
By knowing how to fix slow printing HP printer, you don’t need to call a professional to solve the problem. After attempting all of the options described above, your printer’s print speed should go back to normal. If not, try contacting your printer’s manufacturer for assistance.