Having several email accounts is impractical because you must check these accounts regularly for important emails. If you don’t do it, you will miss important emails. However, if you have an AOL account and other email accounts, you can set the AOL auto forward to these accounts.
Forwarding AOL Emails
At times, AOL users need to share their email content with others for work purposes or other purposes. As a result, they must forward their emails to other users. In this process, AOL users must manually forward the emails.
Meanwhile, some AOL users need to forward AOL emails to another email account because they want to migrate to the latter. However, due to some reasons, they cannot migrate fully and still receive important emails on their AOL accounts. Consequently, they must check both accounts regularly.
To avoid this hassle, they choose to automatically forward AOL emails to the other email account. Unfortunately, AOL no longer allows users to auto forward their emails to another account due to security reasons.
However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t access the AOL auto forward mechanism. You can still make your AOL email account forward your emails to your other email accounts if you know the tricks.
How to Auto Forward Emails from AOL to Gmail
The steps of forwarding AOL emails manually are different from forwarding them automatically. Below are the steps for forwarding AOL emails to Gmail via Gmail.
- Access your Gmail email account via browser.
- Click the Cogwheel Icon that is on the top right corner of the screen.
- Click the See All Settings button.
- Select Accounts and Import menu.
- Scroll down and find Check Email from Other Accounts. Click the Add an Email Account button.
- A popup box will automatically appear on your screen. Enter your AOL email address in that box.
- Click Next.
- Choose Import Emails from my Other Accounts.
- Click Next.
- Type your AOL password.
- Select ‘Leave a Copy of Retrieved Messages on the Server.’ Therefore, you will still be able to find the original emails on the AOL account.
- Click Add Account.
- Check your AOL mailbox for a confirmation email. Open the email and click the confirmation link to start email forwarding.
Note: If you receive numerous emails, you can check ‘Label Incoming Messages’ after selecting Leave a Copy of Retrieved Messages on the Server. Therefore, you can easily find important emails.
AOL Auto Forward: From AOL Account to Other Email Accounts
As stated before, AOL has inactivated the AOL auto forward feature. However, rumor said that old AOL users can still forward their AOL emails automatically to other email accounts.
You can try to auto forward AOL mail to another account by performing the steps below if you are an old AOL user.
- Access your AOL email account.
- Click Setting.
- Click Forward Settings under the general setting.
- Click Forward the Copy of the Incoming Email to.
- In this step, you must type your other email address where you want to forward your AOL emails.
- Click Save Settings.
Note: To find out whether these steps are working or not, you can perform a test by sending an email from another email account to your AOL email account.
Forwarding AOL Emails Automatically to Yahoo Mail
Those who have AOL and Yahoo email accounts can automatically forward emails from the former to the latter by following these steps.
- Access your Yahoo Mail account.
- Once the mailbox appears on your screen, click Settings.
- Scroll the page down until you find More Settings, click it.
- From the left menu, select Mailboxes.
- Click Add Mailbox.
- Choose AOL as the email provider.
- Type AOL email address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your AOL email password and log in.
- Select AOL contacts. Note: This process will determine which emails you want to forward to your Yahoo Mail. Therefore, AOL will only auto forward emails from the selected email contacts.
- Click Next.
- After performing those steps, you will get a confirmation email in your AOL mailbox. Open this email and Confirm the Forwarding.
How to Send Emails from Gmail Using AOL Account
Getting the forwarded AOL emails on your Gmail email account is very practical. This auto forward allows you to save time in checking emails on both accounts. It also prevents you from missing important emails.
However, it can be impractical when replying to forwarded emails if you don’t know the tricks. Without these tricks, you must log in to AOL to replay them. On the other hand, you can send the reply emails from Gmail using your AOL account if you follow these steps.
- Access your Gmail mailbox.
- Click the cogwheel icon.
- Click Accounts and Import.
- Under the Send Mail As, click Add Another Email Address.
- When the popup box appears, type your AOL email address.
- Click Next Step.
- Select Send Verification.
- Log in to your AOL account and verify the email from Gmail.
- Go back to the Gmail account.
- Open a new email.
- Select the AOL account in the Form section.
- Send your reply.
Note: When the recipient replies to this email, the replied email will be sent to your Gmail account.
In conclusion, email users can perform the AOL auto forward mechanism via their AOL account or other email accounts, such as Gmail and Yahoo Mail. If you choose to do it via your non-AOL email account, you must check your AOL inbox to confirm the process of auto-forwarding emails.
Morgan Azhari, the owner of PrinterUpdate.net, is a dedicated expert in the field of printers, leveraging a wealth of experience and education to create a platform that passionately shares insights and solutions.
With a goal to enhance the printer user experience, my vision for the website is to provide valuable content, making a positive impact on individuals navigating the complexities of printers.